A mix of laundry chemicals at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Eagan sent six employees the hospital…
Paramedics were called to the hotel at 2700 Pilot Knob Road around 10:30 a.m. after a hotel worker collapsed near the pool. Two laundry chemicals were found nearby – Destainer (Sodium Hypochlorite solution) and Sour 21 (Hydrofluorosilicic acid), which when combined form a corrosive chemical that can be fatal if ingested.
The six employees were taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. Five were treated and released, with one staying overnight for observation.
The hotel was evacuated. 59 guests were registered for a stay at the hotel at the time of the incident, but not all were there at the time.