“…carbon monoxide levels of 800 parts per million were detected in the swimming pool area and 957 parts per million in a mechanical room where a heating system apparently malfunctioned, causing the leak…”
As many as 16 people at a hotel near Lambeau Field were hospitalized Friday night after becoming ill from an apparent carbon monoxide leak, officials said. Battalion Chief Ed Jarosz of the Green Bay Fire Department said at least two of the victims were children who became ill in the swimming pool area at the Hilton Garden Inn, 1015 Lombardi Ave.
Two children were transported by ambulance, and 14 others were taken to a hospital by private vehicles, Jarosz said.
Children had been playing in the swimming pool area about 45 minutes before they began feeling sick, he said.