Hospitality Industry Health Risks: Texas Hotel Sued Over “Toxic Mold” In Room That Sickened Guest

“…the defendants “knew or should have known that the dangerous condition, toxic mold, existed on said premises, but failed to warn and/or failed to correct the said dangerous condition…the toxic mold caused the plaintiff’s personal injuries and property damage in question,” the suit says…”

Friendswood resident Stacy Johnson is suing Park Management Group and Sun Suites Interests alleging she was sickened by toxic mold in a hotel room.

Johnson’s lawsuit, filed Feb. 1 in Galveston County Court at Law No. 1, alleges the plaintiff fell ill on Aug. 3, 2010, as a result of toxic mold found in a room at Sun Suites of Clear Lake in Houston.

Park Management Group was responsible for the safety and habitable state of the rooms at the property in question while Sun Suites Interests owned said property, the suit says.

The original petition shows subsequent tests confirmed that the mold was in Johnson’s room and it was recommended that she not stay in the room.

For more:  http://www.setexasrecord.com/news/241622-woman-sues-hotel-claiming-toxic-mold-made-her-sick

1 Comment

Filed under Claims, Guest Issues, Health, Injuries, Insurance, Liability, Management And Ownership, Training

One response to “Hospitality Industry Health Risks: Texas Hotel Sued Over “Toxic Mold” In Room That Sickened Guest

  1. Keep your indoor air quality up and your building free from moisture and you likely won’t have any mold. EVER. I Produced and directed the documentary Black Mold Exposure at BlackMoldExposureMovie.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s