“…(the street) was closed for about four hours because of the fire, and electricity had to be cut to the motel because of damage to the wiring…the Red Cross was called to find places for the few motel guests to spend the night…”
No one was injured in a fire that broke out early Friday at the Jefferson Motel. Kanawha County Fire Coordinator C.W. Sigman said a manager at the MacCorkle Avenue motel was frying some food at about 12:45 a.m. when the grease caught on fire and set fire to the room. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the manager’s area, he said.
Sigman said the motel will not be allowed to reopen until repairs are made and the electrical system is fixed and inspected.
For more: http://wvgazette.com/News/201206220029