She was walking near the break room area when she slipped and fell in water that had been leaking from a faulty sink…The plaintiff is suing for his alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, pain and lost wages, plus all court costs.
Alleging a company failed to post a warning sign of a known danger, a maid is suing the owners of a Super 8 Motel, claiming a leaky faucet near the break room caused her to slip and fall two years ago. Port Arthur local Gricelda Gutierrez filed suit against Triangle Hospitality Inc. on July 27 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on July 27, 2010, Gutierrez was working at Triangle Hospitality’s Super 8 Motel in Port Arthur as a housekeeper. Gutierrez claims she was injured in the fall, although the suit fails to state her alleged injuries.
She accuses the defendant of negligently failing to provide her with a safe work area, alleging that the company knew of the leaky facet and did nothing to remedy the unsafe working conditions.
The suit states the defendant failed to post a warning sign of a known danger.