“…the fire chief (stated that) a restaurant cook was outside smoking prime rib when a propane fire got too close to the building…The building was built to code (but) it’s just the nature of the beast…they had a lot of fire moving fast, and it was hard to get to because it was under the roof, and the roof keeps water out like it is supposed to…firefighters said the building is a complete loss, about $300,000…”
A fire in North Ridgeville destroyed a local restaurant Saturday. It happened around 3 p.m. at the Black Dog Pub and Eatery on Sugar Ridge Road. Because of the disaster, the building couldn’t be saved. Crews had to demolish it. Crews with the North Ridgeville Fire Department said it was an accidental fire.
The owner of the restaurant, who didn’t want to be identified, was heartbroken as she looked on while several different agencies sprayed down the building.
“She just put a lot of money into the floors. She just remodeled the place you know. She was doing really good on business. Everything was going great,” said Xevier Neider, who was a chef at Black Dog. “It’s sad that she did a lot here, for it to just go up like that.”